Saturday, February 14, 2009

SO....since the day Olivia was born I (Sue) have always said she cannot have her ears pierced until she asks. I am not sure why I have always felt so strongly about this. I personally do not like to see babies with their ears pierced. Nothing against the parents that do it, I just have never liked it.


Well, guess when I stated my feelings I should have put an age on the condition as well. Laura has asked Olivia for as long as she has been able to talk, "do you want to get your ears pierced?" To my delight Olivia has always responded with a resounding "NO!"


So...the other day they were driving to school when Olivia asked, "Mama, when can I get my ears pierced?" To which Mama replied - "This weekend!"


Well, I guess I had to come to terms with this. I still feel she is a little too young, but it was her decision. We discussed it throughout the week - how she would have to take care of her ears for 6 weeks or so, she would nit be able to change the earrings for awhile, how it would hurt like a shot. She never faltered. The kicker is that Laura asked me to call around for information and prices!!

So, when she and Laura left for the mall this afternoon I hugged Olivia, kissed each ear lobe, sent them with the camera and wished them well.
Here is the before picture....

And here is the after...



I have to admit, she does look very cute. She does look a little older and maybe that was my issue. Kids grow up way too fast, I just want to hold onto my little girl as long as possible.

Well, I just tucked her into bed snuggling her puppy and wearing her fairytale PJ's...so I guess the little girl is still there! - Laying flat on her back because she does not think she can turn her head - the earrings might fall out!













4 comments:

Carrie and MJ said...

She looks beautiful - can't wait to see the sparkly new ears! Love Carrie and JoJo

Carrie and MJ said...

WOW! What a nice adventure!!! I am very shocked that I wasn't the one to take her to get them done! I always threatened to do it!

Can't wait to see them!

Love, Jo Jo and Carrie

livieandhermommies said...

Just to clarify a point or two... Olivia did not say WHEN can i get My ears pierced? She asked "Mama can I get my ears pierced before my next school day?" - as we were on our way to school... And I explained the earliest we could go would be the weekend...

Michele said...

Oh my goodness! What a cutie pie!! Thanks for visiting my blog and commenting; so sweet!