Sunday, October 5, 2008

The LONGEST day...

Keith Olbermann once said that the longest day of the year is the day after the World Series ends.
I have now discovered he was wrong, today is the longest day of the year, as MY CUBBIES year is over after a heart-breaking sweep by the Los Angeles Dodgers. What the Hell happened?? HOW could this happen???
I HAD PLAYOFF TICKETS DAMMIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I must be honest and explain that after the second loss at home, the pitiful 10-3 debacle that was game 2, we started discussing our options to sell the tickets. E-Bay turned out to be our best bet, so while I was at work Friday afternoon Sue listed them with E-Bay. Within a couple of hours we recieved an e-mail asking if we would be willing to sell them in a "Buy it now" sale for $400.00. HELL YES! So, after a few back and forth e-mails, Sue and Tom worked out a deal that he bought our tickets, made an immediate payment to Paypal, and we made a $113 profit from my annual heartbreak.
Somehow this year it is worse, probably since I did have the opportunity to go to a game that never was. Tom asked Sue if I was out on a bridge somewhere waing to jump... I will assure you all I am not jumping, instead we are going to spend next weekend on the Cape, far away from Baseball, far away from Philadelphia - where we were supposed to be instead, and enjoy the company of good friends at Womens week.
: (

No comments: