Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Lets Get the party started!!

So, tomorrow is the first day of the playoffs. Lucky girl that Olivia is, BOTH of her favorite teams have made it to the playoffs!
But, it gets even better than that - Yesterday I checked my e-mail to find something from the Phialdelphia Phillies. CONGRATULATIONS it started - You have won the opportunity to purchase tickets for the National League Championship Series at Bank one BallPark!!!! WHAT??? I never get chosen! So I quickly called Sue at work, GUESS WHAT?? I have won the opportunity to buy tickets for the playoffs!!! Now- the only game we could go to with our schedule would be the first game at Philadelphia, which, if the stars align correctly - would be Sunday October 12th. The stars have to align with the CUBBIES winning their first series and Phillie winning theirs too.
So, holding my breath slightly I went on through the e-mail and answered all of the questions regarding payment, then hit the button to try to get tickets. Of course, as anyone who has ever tried this is aware, you are told that it is first come first served, that you may be directed to a virtual waiting room, blah blah blah.
As I am completing all of this Sue and I are discussing if I should leave the waiting room up on the computer until she gets home from work, as I was just home for lunch and had to go back to work.
WAIT A MINUTE.... Its asking me how many tickets I want.... WHAT??? I quickly put in three - the max allowed - What price range do I want? WHAT??? Just as quickly I put in best available.
WHAT?????? ITS GIVING ME A CONFIRMATION NUMBER??????
ARRRRGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I am instantly nauseated and elated! I have tickets for a PLAYOFF game, that under most reasonable conditions will be between MY BOYS and Phillie!!!
Yes, it is a 6 1/2 hour drive, yes- we will have to pay for a hotel too...
BUT I HAVE TICKETS!!!!!

Olivia is way excited too - not quite as excited as me, but she'll get there.
Just for the record I want it known that I called my sister and offered her the third ticket, but she turned me down, so we decided to go ahead and take Olivia as she may never have the chance to get playoff tickets for the CUBS again in her lifetime - at cost no less - and this is something she'll remember forever....

No comments: