Saturday, September 6, 2008

An Introduction...

So, This is the story of a girl and her two mom's. Hence the name: Livie and her Mommies. There is also Gracie, our boxer and Lucy our kitty. Livie is a wonderful, caring and outgoing girl, who is loved by all who know her. You may see her first blog posts by checking out http://2girls2dogs2cats.blogspot.com/ (let me clarify those posts by saying it is quite evident from those videos that we do NOT have the next Britney in the making, and we are glad.) Since the original posts were so well received by our extended family and friends out in Indiana, we have decided to join the informational highway and try our hands at this. I cannot gaurantee we will update on a daily basis, but hopefully at least weekly.
So, as Livie is our only child, and shall remain our only child, the milestones are somewhat bittersweet. This weeks new milestone was Kindergarten. Yes, my baby has started her formal education. I say it this way as it seems she is always learning something new, always asking questions...sometimes appropriate to the situation, but mostly not. I'll give you a few examples of the not so appropriate questions: Setting the public library, sees a man with an eyepatch - "Mama - how come he can be a pirate, but you never let me when we arent home?" Yes, he heard her, no he was not amused.
Or, driving down the highway at a legal 65mph - "Mama, just how did I get out of your belly??" How do you logically answer this as you are attempting to drive and she is in the back seat?
So, now she has started school - her first day was slightly traumatic for her, and just a little bit less so for me. As I work right next door to her school, she comes to work with me in the morning and has breakfast there, then I walk her over to school, so watching her walk down the hallway with the other kids, with her little backpack on, just about did me in...


I'll leave you with a picture of her on the first day....











1 comment:

Carrie and MJ said...

Welcome to the world of blogging - it will be great to read about your adventures!