Monday, September 15, 2008

MY BOYS


GO CUBS GO!!!!!


The Magic number is 6!

For those of you who are not baseball fans, this means that any combination of CUBS wins and the team closest to them in the standings (Milwaukee) loses, decreases the magic number. Once the number is '0' the CUBS win their division!

To put this in a bit more prospective, the Angels of Anaheim are the only team that has clinched so far. The other teams magic numbers are 16, 12, 11 etc.

THE CUBS NUMBER IS 6 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It makes me a bit nauseus to tell you the truth. I mean they always let me ( and countless others) down in the end somehow. 2003 - Blew it at Wrigley in the 8th inning with only 5 outs to go to make it to the World Series. 2007 - Made it to the playoffs and lost in three straight.

We were down on the Cape for Womens week (which we have plans for again this year) and saw the third loss. Livie asked what was wrong and I said my heart was broken. All winter long she would keep asking - "is your heart all better yet mama?" How do you explain to a 4 year old the highs and lows, joys and pains, constant hope of being a CUBS fan??????

Perhaps it is better she is being raised in New England and she professes her first love to the Red Sox......

I DIDN"T JUST SAY THAT DID I??????

I want so badly to have to change my plans for the Cape, to hand Livie to Jo Jo and Carrie and Drive to Phillie or NY to see my boys in the playoffs..... It is the hundred year anniversary of their last WS win for Goodness sake! Isnt it time! Havent the CUBS fans suffered enough???

And if things werent scary enough, BOTH Chicago teams are in position to win their divisions and go to the playoffs... A sign off Arrmegedeon???? It could be.

No comments: